Five ways to make your event more sustainable
We only have one planet and we need to take care of it...take a look at our five tips for how to make your Corporate Event more sustainable.
#WorldEnvironmentDay #EventProfs #SustainableEvents
1. Name badges
Most corporate events would have a name badge and often these will contain plastic, consider alternatives to limit the plastic usage.
2. Carbon footprint
Take into account where your delegates are travelling from and hold the event in the best location given all the other factors you want to achieve so as carbon footprint can be limited.
- Can you put on coaches from several locations to save everyone driving?
- Can delegates take public transport?
- How many attendees will need to fly in?
3. Single use plastics
- Will you be sharing any promotional gifts – look to make these sustainable where possible
- Does the venue still use plastic straws – Can they swap over to paper?
- Does the venue provide refreshments in any plastic bottles – Can these be swapped to glass?
4. Recycle, recycle, recycle
If you have to print lots of material for your event as they cannot be shared on-line of via tablet devices etc. have recycling areas set up around the venue so the paper can be recycled.
Consider deliveries to the venue for the event and recycle or re-use packaging where possible.
Check the conference room once the event is completed, can you re-use than unused pad at the next conference, can you take the pens that have been left behind back to the office to share with colleagues, can you pop the used paper into a recycling bin….all these small things can start to make a big difference.
More and more venues are making changes to become more sustainable, review this information alongside all your other event requirements to choose the venue that best suits all of your requirements.